The 2021 iteration of the FIA Licensed Gran Turismo Championships reaches its climax subsequent weekend (December 3-5) with the World Finals set to be broadcast stay from PlayStation and Gran Turismo YouTube and Fb pages. It’s a particular occasion, as this marks the final event the sequence, began in 2018 in partnership with the FIA, will happen on GT Sport forward of the launch of Gran Turismo 7 on March 4, 2022.
The extent of competitors and the usual of driving has continued to impress audiences and PDI because the inaugural World Tour occasion that occurred in Could 2018 on the Nürburgring. This yr we’ve not been capable of host bodily occasions, however the depth of the on-track battles and the ability of the drivers have been unbelievable to observe throughout the entire World Collection broadcasts. Rivals compete from residence everywhere in the world, and we carry them collectively on-line through a studio-based manufacturing that’s broadcast in seven completely different languages.
So, let’s get to the World Finals….
In complete, 58 rivals from 23 completely different nations will take to the observe over the course of the three days.
The World Finals motion begins with the single-make Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup this Friday, December 3.
- In 2020, this was the second that Takuma Miyazono signalled his intent. His victory within the Toyota race was adopted by the Japanese driver claiming each the Producer Collection and Nations Cup titles.
On Saturday, December 4, the scene is ready for a tense finale to the Producer Collection.
- Crew Mazda and Crew Toyota enter the three-race World Ultimate degree on factors. Miyazono’s Crew Subaru are four-points adrift, and a podium for Crew Porsche within the final spherical has additionally put them inside attain. With 12 factors on supply for the primary two races and a double-points closing, it’s all to play for the main three-driver groups.
We then have a particular deal with in retailer through the stream on Sunday, December 5. We are going to host the Nations Cup finals and now have a particular unveiling from Porsche for its Imaginative and prescient GT.
- That won’t detract from the on-track motion, as Italy’s Valerio Gallo, runner-up in 2020, will try and convert his unimaginable outcomes thus far this season right into a Championship victory. His nearest rivals, Jose Serrano from Spain and Ryota Kokubun from Japan, might be doing all they’ll to finish his run of type. Three regional semi-finals might be adopted by the double-points Grand Ultimate to resolve the 2021 Nations Cup Champion.
- Friday, December 3 — 6am PT / 2pm GMT / 3PM CET / 11pm JST Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup
- Saturday, December 4 — 6am PT / 2pm GMT / 3PM CET / 11pm JST FIA Licensed Gran Turismo Championships Producer Collection
- Sunday, December 5 — 6am PT / 2pm GMT / 3PM CET / 11pm JST FIA Licensed Gran Turismo Championships Nations Cup (together with the Porsche Imaginative and prescient GT reveal)